Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 20 Tuesday


Frustration


Disclaimer--we are here because we want to be here. We knew going in that it might be hard at times but this is not meant to be a disparaging comment on the country or those that inhabit it.


The most frustrating element of living here that I have found yet is not having the internet connection be reliable. 


Yeah, I have to pump water, fine. Yes, I have to light the hot water heater every time. Okay. Yes, the electric goes off and the gas goes off, ha ha ha. But when the internet is off--which has been frequent--it causes me to not be able to keep promises to people that I love. It is the most painful thing about being here, not being able to sit down and send an email or even more-so, (we have been using skype recently to our great joy) I cannot talk to my friends and loved ones. When there is no phone/internet connection there is no ability to call home--to wish my brother, “happy birthday.” Sorry PF... The internet would not work all day yesterday. Is it turned off? Is there a wire broken? Could be, but even getting the answer to those questions takes at least a day to find out. I had to walk fifteen minutes to the office to get to a network that I could post this from.


Okay, whiney session is over. Love you guys, happy birthday Paul, sorry I didn‘t call. I couldn’t. I’ll call when I can...




No comments:

Post a Comment