Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 37 Friday

Who knows how many things I will miss when our time here in Azerbaijan is done? I can't say for sure what I might miss if we end up being here for several years or more, but if we had to leave tomorrow, I know I would not miss the weather. Or the primitive infrastructure. Lighting the furnaces or pumping the water. No, I will not miss these things. However, there is one thing that I will miss--pear soda.


Don't knock it until you've tried it, I love this stuff! It's like a really, really strong creme soda with pear flavor. I love it, it's great! It comes in a dozen different labels, and is usually called lemonade (sounds like lemon-odd), and each one is just a little bit different, but I haven't tasted one that I did not like. I suppose it's kinda like root beer in the States, some are sweeter or stonger than others but they all taste pretty much the same. Beloved and I had a non-alcoholic sparkling-pear beverage on our honeymoon, so carbonated pear drinks have always been special to me, though this is the first one I have had that is drinkable--usually the bubbles get in the way and it's more like pear-flavored alka-seltzer. This, however, is good stuff, and it is always on the shopping list. We won't go to the market without bringing home pear soda!

1 comment: