Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 47 Monday

Day 47, wow. Sometimes it seems as though the time here is standing still and other times it seems to fly by. I guess today it seems as though we have been here for a while.


Something to do with that might be the fact that we have not seen the sun in eight days. No sun at all. Overcast, grey, occasional light rain and snow flurries. Reminds me of a crazy movie called Groundhog Day--the story of a weatherman stuck in one day, February 2, over and over again. How's the weather? Cold and grey... How's the weather? Cold and grey... How's the weather? Cold and grey...


I crossed an interesting milestone today--in 46 days now we have eclipsed 1000 page-hits on this blog. I am humbled and honored, thank you. I didn't know I was so interesting.


Spent almost two hours this morning troubleshooting a newly-acquired printer. I was at the Bank last Friday and had asked England if he know where I might get a printer. Nothing fancy needed, just want to be able to print out some of the things that I have been designing. Sometimes it's easier to judge the quality of a design when you can hold it in your hands. Anyway, England said he had one for me, it's an HP color laser. Well, that ought'a do! The printer belongs to the bank, so as long as I am doing work for the bank I have access to this printer. And since I am doing most of my work at the house right now, the printer came to the house. Trouble is, it wasn't working properly. I tried it on the network, nothing. I tried it on a USB cable and it would communicate, but only enough to prompt an error message. I bet I cycled the on-off switch 45 times before giving in. I called England and he offered, "I have a different cable for you to try," and that was the issue. We are now printing in color, hooray.


We have been having great fun cooking semi-elaborate dishes and having friends over to help us eat them, so we made American-style Chinese Sweet-and-Sour Chicken over fried rice (of course!) for dinner tonight. Actually Beloved started on the preparations at noon and the sauce at about 2:00, so by the time our guests arrived at 7:30 we had been cooking more than six hours. Not really cooking for six hours but it sure seemed like Beloved had been in the kitchen all day.


Just before our guests arrived at 7:30 we had an hour-long conversation (via skype, don't you love skype?) with Coffeeman and his wife. And the two year old, but that doesn't really factor into this conversation. More than anything else they wish to be back in Ganja. We really wish they were here too, but there will be some things that have to happen with the development of Shah Asari before they get back here. We talked about several options and plans for implementing the website as a vehicle to sell artwork, so hopefully 2011 will be a year of great growth for Coffeeman and Shah Asari and we can see them back in Ganja before too long. 


So our guests arrived, Indy and Manchester, and we all laughed and ate and talked and ate some more. For Indy it was the first Chinese food of any kind she'd had in six months. Beloved is a great cook and it was a lot of fun! We rounded out the long evening watching an old favorite, You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.


Good Times.

1 comment:

  1. Not only did I get to eat the most AMAZING Chinese food, but I walked in the door and I was told my bed was already made for me! I love food, movies and sleepovers! Actually, I just love you guys! :)
    Thanks for your friendship and your generosity!

    ReplyDelete