Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 48 Tuesday

How's the weather? Cold and grey... Day number nine of no sunshine or stars. Gee, if I had wanted this I coulda gone to Seattle. Here is a bit of color on this wintery-grey Azerbaijani day, a photo of my daughter I took last summer. She in one of her mischievous poses and her fiery red hair-color. I love this image, it brightened my day. Love you girl!


A
Speaking of A, she sent an email on Saturday, something to the effect of, "Call me as soon as you get this no matter what time it is my car just died and I don't know what to do and I'm kinda freaking out here so call me as soon as you get this okay?" Just the kind of message every dad loves to get when he is 6,500 miles away from his little girl. Honestly it was not all that frantic, she didn't even use the words "freaking out," she was quite level-headed about the whole thing considering the engine broke a major moving part and blew a hole in the side of the block. A couple phone calls and my brother helped her get the car diagnosed ( I think his exact words were, "It's toast.") and back to a place that she can get it sold instead of towed away. So, If you have a loaded 2010 Mini Cooper for sale we can give $900 today!


Here is another image, now the second-most important document we are holding in Ganja, the receipt of our work-permit application having been received. It only took three trips to Yavlar to get it! So now we wait, and in some 30-35 days from now we will have an answer if we can remain here. This is the one that our hopes and prayers are on, so be hoping and praying with us that we receive our work-permit in good order. Otherwise we are on to plan-B and we don't know what plan-B is right now!


Tuesday is language lessons day, so we were at the Training House today. Twice, actually! It was also the last day of a class that our instructor was teaching to Azeri young people. She is teaching them english so she invited us to be in this last day class, a graduation party of sorts. It was a lot of fun, and I commend these young people for taking the time and making the effort to learn another language. I know how hard it is, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment