Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 58 Friday

Well the post yesterday mentioning "warming my heart" and the photo of the beautiful sunset were not for no reason, we are back in the grey days. It was so nice to have a weekend of shadows and crisp blue skies, but that has been the exception, not the norm. I have not seen the sun since Monday morning, five days ago. I'm sure it's up there--it does become a lighter shade of grey as the morning progresses, but I sure miss the blue sky. Still cold too, but at least it's been dry...


I'm finalizing a couple comps for the new logo of the Bank today, there is meeting on Monday that all the branch managers will be attending and we will review the new design. I think we are getting close, I would like to move forward with something fresh on a whole batch of marketing resources we will be using at our newest branch in Balakan. The plan is to open May 1 so all this needs to be settled. I am really having fun playing around with this stained-glass concept, and it has received pretty good reaction. They have this national art-form called shabekah, it is the construction of stained-glass windows that uses carved wood instead of leaded carriers. There are no nails or glue used in this method of construction, it all fits together tightly like a jig-saw puzzle that you can see through. Coupling that with an eight-sided icon, which is like a national symbol, and the human figure growing up and strong like a tree... I hope it is favorably received.


Beloved went to visit L this morning, they are going for a long weekend get-away to Georgia. Not the State, the Nation of Georgia. Tbilisi is only about a two-hour journey from here, and several of our acquaintances have mentioned going there for a change of scenery. Its inexpensive and closer than Baku.


Got to study the language books today--new vocab words and a pre-test tomorrow with the real test on Tuesday. I never liked school...

No comments:

Post a Comment