Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 72 Friday


Some time back I decided I was not as free-spirited as I once was, perhaps 45 years on the planet has tempered the “devil-may-care” recklessness with which I once operated in. I discovered that wearing safety glasses was an okay thing, that it is not stupid to turn off electricity before working on it, and that disabling or completely removing gaurds and shrouds, etc. is not a wise idea. So, in the midst of my rest-room remodel job, I find it necessary to trim a half-inch off the bottom of the door. “Is there a saw available?” Sure--and this is what I got. 


It is not a home-built tool, this is the industry standard circular saw. A 220 volt 1,400RPM Grinder with a 9 inch saw blade. I saw (hee hee) a workman wield this tool while standing on top of a ladder. It is amazing--this one actually has the top guard in place, I have seen a couple that have nothing but the exposed blade.


This blade is excruciatingly dull, and the room is quickly filled with blue smoke. Somehow between the blade, the friciton, and the heat we get the job done, but it is not a tool that I would relish using on a regular basis...

No comments:

Post a Comment