Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 51 Friday

March 4. Today is Beloved's birthday!


We're going to lunch with some friends, on the way across "the walking bridge" when a young man in front of us, I suppose hearing us talk, he says something about "tourist." As we pass him we say hello, and he wants to know what we are doing in Ganja. His english is about as good as our Azeri, but we are able to tell him where I'm working and he asks if we can take a picture with him. So here is one of the photos of "the guy on the bridge."


We finally got to lunch with some friends of ours, Americans, at Ala Turka, the place Farshid is working. He greets us at the door as he usually does and we go upstairs. The food is good and the company too.


After lunch we are off to the Training House, a couple of the instructors there have a gift for her, and we enjoy a little party there. The gift is a very pretty little wind chime.


I want to use this space for a minute to brag on my beautiful wife. We have been married for 23 years now, which means I have been married longer than I have not been married, which I love, because I love my wife. Beloved is an incredible person, she is patient and wise, and tolerant and bold. She is smart and funny very beautiful. I am so happy she is with me!


Happy Birthday Beloved!


Manchester and Beloved


Indy

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, that is very sweet, John ... I have only know your wife for not even two months and I am convinced she is someone special too! (But I am sure you know that WAY better than I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother, I no to envy is wrong so I will just say how proud I am to be your brother, I have learned much from you over the years that I am sure you are unaware of, tell her happy birthday for us, enjoy your adventures, I enjoy reading of them.

    ReplyDelete